Breakfast Muffins




I was trying to come up with some ideas for breakfasts for my wife. Something tasty, fairly healthy and, above all, something that could be made in advance, giving me an extra couple of minutes in bed in the morning! The main aim was to find something that I could include linseeds in, these are a healthy little shot of energy however they're also very high in natural plant oestrogen so very good for the ladies, though obviously men can eat them too!

Ingredients:
160g rolled oats
120g Bran Flakes (crushed roughly)
120g ground linseeds (I don't know if you can buy them ready ground, I buy them whole and grind them myself)
120g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of baking powder
160g raisins
120g brown sugar
Zest and juice of 2 oranges
250ml buttermilk
60ml corn oil (sunflower, ground nut or linseed would also work)
3 medium eggs

Method:
Preheat the oven to 170c.

Mix together the oats, bran flakes, linseeds, salt, flour, baking powder and raisins in a large bowl.

In a blender mix together the orange juice and zest, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil and eggs.

Pur the wet mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Spoon the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.

Leave to cool on a wire rack.

Comments

Popular Posts