Halibut with Orange, Beetroot and Fennel

This is and Aiden Byrne recipe which I love. It's such a refreshing thing to eat and contains beetroot and fennel which are 2 of my favorite ingredients. I apologise profusely for my half-arsed attempt at a cheffy plate-smear in the photo!


As this isn't my recipe I'm not going to go into details but essentially this dish comprises a beetroot puree and a halibut fillet sitting on top of sliced blood orange and topped with a fennel and tarragon salad, nothing too taxing so I'm sure you can figure it out! What's great about it, though, is the way the flavours work together: the earthy beetroot with the sharp citrus and the aniseed of the fennel, all amazing partners to fish. Give it a go, if you don't want to experiment with an expensive fish like halibut then I've also made this with (sustainable!) cod.

Comments

Popular Posts