Crab Linguine - LOW FAT!!!

I'm back on a diet. I had a good run at the end of last year but since then things have stagnated so I've decided to give myself a kick-start. Well, I say "I" however the wife had a lot to do with it, as is evidenced by the fact that we're on Weight Watchers.

I hate cooking Weight Watchers meals, measuring out every last thing and converting it to the stupid 'Points' system, however over the years I've managed to come up with quite a few decent recipes which, unlike most of the Weight Watchers crap, don't taste like wet newspaper. This is the latest addition to the low-fat, mid-week menu.



(Serves 2)

Start by making the basic sauce: take a handful of chopped cherry tomatoes, a finely chopped onion and a clove of finely sliced garlic and sweat them in a teaspoon of olive oil over a low heat. Once the onions are soft (but not browned) bring the heat up and add 200ml of chicken stock, boil this until reduced by about half. Reduce the heat again, add in 1 finely diced courgette and allow to soften then season the mixture with chilli powder (just a little, you want to add a bit of background heat not make a curry). Next add in the crab, you can use fresh or tinned or, if you don't like that, try using prawns instead. Heat the fish through then remove from the heat and add finely chopped fresh parsley and tarrogan, the fresh herbs are really important to getting the flavour.

Serve with spaghetti, linguine or taglietelli.

Comments

Popular Posts